Arroz con leche
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 (4-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Put the water, rice, and cinnamon stick in a medium-size heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook until the rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Strain out the liquid, discard the cinnamon and reserve the rice.
- Return the rice to the saucepan. Stir in the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk. Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins, and stir well. Transfer the pudding to a serving bowl. Dust the top of the pudding with ground cinnamon and serve.
We suggest these recipes