- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- tablespoon ground cinnamon
- cups all-purpose flour
- tablespoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- cups water
- cup butter
- Mix 1 cup of granulated sugar with ground cinnamon in a long plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with the ¼ left of sugar, the baking powder and the salt.
- Boil 2 cups of water with butter over medium temperature until the butter melts completely.
- Carefully mix the flour with the mix of butter and water. Mix with a wooden spoon until well incorporated.
- Once dough is mixed, place the churro dough in a pastry bag with a star-shaped tip (divide the dough into 2 or 3 batches).
- In a pot over medium temperature, warm 2 cups vegetable oil. Carefully fry each dough strip (4-6 inches) until golden on all sides.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Roll churros in the sugar-cinnamon mix.
- Enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate!
We suggest these recipes