- 1/2 pound bacon, sliced
- 1/2 cup Mexican chorizo,
- 3/4 cup white onion, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped,
divided into two 1/4 cups, reserve 1/4 cup for garnish
- 2 cups pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups black beans, drained
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken
- 2 limes, juice 1 lime and
slice the other lime into 8 wedges, reserve for garnish
- 1 tablespoon hickory flavored
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large avocado, sliced into 8 wedges
- 16corn tortillas,
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat for 3
minutes. Add the bacon and cook until crispy.
- Move bacon to outer edges of the skillet and add
the Mexican chorizo to center of pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the onions and serrano peppers, continue
cooking for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup of cilantro and cook for
- Add the beans, chicken broth, juice of 1 lime, 1
tablespoon liquid smoke, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2
teaspoon oregano and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and continue
cooking for 20 minutes. Taste for salt halfway through the cooking time. Let
the beans stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas. Garnish with avocado,
cilantro and lime wedges.
We suggest these recipes